First Degree Graduates
Carrying out financial reporting and control for the Bank and its subsidiaries. As you can imagine, this is a complex challenge – one that sees us:
- Providing finance business partnering to the Bank Budgeting and forecasting
- Analysing the Bank’s spending plans
- Putting the right systems in place to enable effective financial reporting analysis
- Producing an annual report and the Bank’s externally audited accounts.
What big issues might I be working on?
You’ll help us tackle varied and vital work, right at the heart of the Bank. For example, you could help us compile our annual report. Or you could be involved in collating accounts for the Bank, the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Bank of England Asset Purchase Facility Fund Limited – all of which are published on our website and have to be able to withstand intense scrutiny.
What sort of things could I do here?
They make a valuable contribute to everything we do. You can expect work that focuses on ensuring we have effective internal controls in place across the Bank, to maintain the integrity of our financial records and accounts. You’ll also get to work with business partners and colleagues in all areas of the Bank – making sure that our monetary policy and financial stability objectives are delivered in a way that gets the most our of our financial resources.
What could I be doing day-to-day?
It depends which area you’re in. If you’re working in financial control and reporting, you could be focusing on:
- Implementing the controls we need to ensure that the integrity of our financial records is always maintained
- Reconciling daily account
- Preparing financial statements and analytical reviews
- Producing our annual report and accounts.
On the other hand, if you work in the business partner community, then you could be taking on challenges including:
- Liaising with different business areas to understand their cost base and how the Bank’s delivery needs could impact upon this
- Engaging with people across the Bank to provide guidance on the financial and tax impact of any proposed initiatives.