Programme Office – in Property / Procurement / Security / Information Security
Interns, First Degree Graduates
Managing and delivering the Bank's programmes and projects. We help the Bank turn the need for change into reality, by putting new or improved products, systems and ways of working into action. Our work is a closely aligned to the Bank’s strategic plan, and is delivered by two key teams: • The Portfolio Office, who oversee the Bank’s change portfolio • Our Project Specialists, who work on the Bank’s active change projects.
What big issues might I be working on?
Because of the nature of our role, almost every project you work on will have a high profile. They will also be hugely varied, and could include challenges such as:
- Supporting the transition of the Prudential Regulation Authority to the Bank
- Developing the new framework to manage Information Security risk
- Helping to implement government policy to increase resilience of UK banks
- Overseeing the design, production and delivery of the nation’s new bank notes.
What sort of things could I do here?
They are a vital part of our team. We assigned them to a specific project or programme as a Project Analyst, or put them with the central Portfolio team. Either way, they develop their knowledge by sharing information with, and learning from, project specialists across the department. Our graduates:
- Support the team to make the project happen
- Help everything to run on time and to budget
- Manage any risks or issues that could cause problems.
What could I be doing day-to-day?
It’s hard to say, because your responsibilities will vary from project to project. But in your time here, you will definitely take on the following challenges:
- Monitoring and analysing a project against its plan – highlighting any issues to the Project Manager and team
- Developing reports so the leadership team can see how the project is progressing
- Ensuring key project documentation is complete
- Identifying and tracking any risks or issues that might have an impact on a particular project.
Whatever the project, you’ll work with and learn from senior colleagues, while broadening your knowledge of almost every function within the Bank.